Airplane or Aeroplane?Writers are often confused whether to use airplane or aeroplane. Airplane is the preferred spelling in American English, while aeroplane is the preferred spelling in British English.
Example Sentences with Airplane and AeroplaneBelow is an example of aeroplane in a British publication.
- An international force of ships, aeroplanes, drones and satellites is scouring the southern Indian Ocean to find the wreckage of MH370. () (This is from the British newspaper The Times.)
- Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport
(This is a quotation from American politician Al Gore.)
- Students designed, built, and modified paper airplanes based on the physics of flight. They were inspired by a Times article about the Perlan
(This is from The New York Times.)
A Quick Test
- This test has questions.
- You will score at least 5 points for a correct answer.
- You will score bonus points for answering the questions quickly.
- Be careful though. Wrong answers score 0 points.
- The maximum score is .