ChordThe noun chord is a musical term that denotes a group of three or more notes sounded together. It is also used in geometry to denote a geometric line segment in a circle.
- One chord is fine. Two chords are pushing it. Three chords and you're into jazz. (Lou Reed)
- I love the chord sequences in classical music. I often use that sort of effect in my solos. (Jon Lord)
CordThe noun cord refers to an electrical cable, a rope, or an anatomical structure (e.g., spinal cord, vocal cord).
- I invented the cordless extension cord. (Steven Wright)
- My guitars are my umbilical cord. They're directly wired into my head. (Kirk Hammett)
A Quick Test
- This test has questions.
- You will score at least 5 points for a correct answer.
- You will score bonus points for answering the questions quickly.
- Be careful though. Wrong answers score 0 points.
- The maximum score is .