Collectable or Collectible?The adjectives collectable and collectible have slightly different meanings even though both describe items that can be collected. (Many believe that collectable is a misspelling because collectible is far more common. (See Google's Ngram Viewer.))
CollectableCollectable describes an item that can be collected (e.g., a payment, a set of keys, a car).
- The policy was stopped due to lack of a collectable payment prior to the loss.
- The hire car is collectable upon arrival.
CollectibleCollectible describes an item that a collector deems to be worth collecting (e.g., stamps, comics, coins).
- A collectible object usually appreciates in value over time.
- Soviet-era stamps are highly collectible.
Collectible as a NounCollectible is often seen as a noun.
- Star Wars figurines have been described as "holy grail of childhood collectibles".
A Quick Test
- This test has questions.
- You will score at least 5 points for a correct answer.
- You will score bonus points for answering the questions quickly.
- Be careful though. Wrong answers score 0 points.
- The maximum score is .