CurbThe verb to curb means to control or to limit.
- We must curb our spending next month.
- The US will curb its influence over the next decade.
- It will be a curb on spending.
KerbAmericans don't need to worry about the word kerb. It doesn't exist in American English. However, for Brits, kerb is the stone edging of a pavement. For example:
- She tripped over the curb. () ()
- She tripped over the kerb. () ()
A Quick Test
- This test has questions.
- You will score at least 5 points for a correct answer.
- You will score bonus points for answering the questions quickly.
- Be careful though. Wrong answers score 0 points.
- The maximum score is .