FlairThe abstract noun flair means to have a natural talent or a knack for something. It also means to do something with a distinct elegance.
- Their ideas might now need some of your creative flair.
- Starting out to make money is the greatest mistake in life. Do what you feel you have a flair for doing, and if you are good enough at it, the money will come. (Greer Garson)
FlareThe noun flare denotes a brief burst of bright flame or light. It is also the name for a firework-style rocket used for illumination. Flare can also mean a gradual expanding in shape.
- Flares are used for signalling, illumination, or defensive countermeasures in civilian and military applications.
- People wearing flared jeans today want to style these 1970s inspired jeans in ways that are definitely 21st century.
- His last match flared lighting our faces.
- Her dress does not flare at the bottom.
A Quick Test
- This test has questions.
- You will score at least 5 points for a correct answer.
- You will score bonus points for answering the questions quickly.
- Be careful though. Wrong answers score 0 points.
- The maximum score is .