IncidenceThe noun incidence is very technical and quite rare (unless you study the spread of disease). It relates to the chance of developing some new condition (usually a disease) within a specified time period.
- The chart 'Incidence of Flu by Area' shows the number of people with flu and flu-like illnesses who visited their doctor last week.
- They suffer a higher incidence of measles as they did not invest in health-care systems to deliver vaccinations effectively.
IncidentsThe word incidents is the plural of incident, which means an occurrence or an event.
- There is no evidence to link the two incidents at this time.
- The police are investigating two incidents of someone shooting into occupied homes.
A Quick Test
- This test has questions.
- You will score at least 5 points for a correct answer.
- You will score bonus points for answering the questions quickly.
- Be careful though. Wrong answers score 0 points.
- The maximum score is .