OrdinanceThe noun ordinance is an authoritative order or regulation.
- No law or ordinance is mightier than understanding. (Plato)
- Law: an ordinance of reason for the common good, made by him who has care of the community. (Thomas Aquinas)
OrdnanceThe mass noun ordnance refers to military materiel (e.g., weapons, ammunition, fuel).
- The guns are a new and impressive addition of ordnance.
- Military aircrafts can be used to carry a wide variety of ordnance.
A Quick Test
- This test has questions.
- You will score at least 5 points for a correct answer.
- You will score bonus points for answering the questions quickly.
- Be careful though. Wrong answers score 0 points.
- The maximum score is .