Palate, Palette, and PalletThe words palate, palette, and pallet sound similar, but their meanings are very different.
PalateThe noun palate is the roof of the mouth in humans and other mammals. The flavor of a food (particularly beer or wine) is sometimes referred to as a palate (e.g., a fruity palate).
- If you're able to taste slight nuances in food, then you have a well-developed palate.
- In reality, there are no taste sensors on the palate.
PaletteThe noun palette is a flat board on which a painter arranges and mixes paints.
- On an artist's palette, there is one colour which provides the meaning of life and art. It is the color of love. (Marc Chagall)
- You seem to have a lot of red on your palette. Are you planning to shoot the model?
PalletThe noun palett is a flat wooden structure that supports goods. A palett is typically made of wood and designed to be lifted by forklift trucks.
- Loads with pallets under them can be hauled by forklift trucks or by pallet jacks.
- Discarded wooden pallets cannot be used for firewood or crafts.
Common Terms with Palate, Palette, and PalletPalate
- Palate cleanser
- Palate ulcer
- Palate of the mouth
- Refined palate
- Fruity palate
- Palette knife
- Artist's palette
- Eyeshadow palette
- Color palette
- Palette painting
- Pallet delivery
- Pallet storage
- Pallet of bricks, cement, or blocks
- Pallet recycling
- Wooden pallet
A Quick Test
- This test has questions.
- You will score at least 5 points for a correct answer.
- You will score bonus points for answering the questions quickly.
- Be careful though. Wrong answers score 0 points.
- The maximum score is .